UVEX – Blue blockers
UVEX protective glasses that block blue light. Perfect for people who use computers, phones, iPads, or televisions late at night and don't want to disrupt their sleep.
- Blocks blue light
- Promotes melatonin production for a good sleep
- Custom fit
- Delivery 2-3 days (FedEx)
- Buy now and pay later
- In stock
UVEX – Blue blockers
UVEX protective glasses that block all blue light. Perfect for people who use computers, phones, iPads, or televisions late at night and don't want to disrupt their sleep. Computers and other electronic devices send out blue light which can disrupt sleep if they're used too close to bedtime. Even exposure to regular lights at home at night can affect sleep negatively. The habit of watching television or working in front of a computer at night disrupts sleep. Studies show that blue light from computer screens, television screens, and phone screens disrupt the circadian rhythm and the production of melatonin even if you sleep or have your eyes shut. The light passes through the eyelid and reaches the retina even though the eyelid protects the eye. UVEX – Blue blockers also improves screen contrast, reduce eye fatigue and have long term vision protection.
- UVEX protective glasses block blue light.
- Patented and adjustable ear stem
- Lens that covers the sides to minimise the exposure to blue light
- Meets ANSI Z87.1-2003 & CSA Z94.3 standards
- These glasses should not be used while driving because the risk of getting tired increases while wearing them.
- These glasses should never be used outside exposed to daylight; they should be used at night when being exposed to blue light from televisions, computers, reading pads, cell phones, or bright lights.
- Note: Never look at the sun while wearing these glasses.
A study says that sleep efficacy and sleep latency were significantly superior for wearers of the blue-light shield the group wearing blue blockers reported greater sleepiness during portable device use compared to those using the control eyewear.
A randomized trial says that sleep the group wearing blue blocking glasse experienced significant improvement in sleep quality relative to the control group. Mood also improved significantly relative to controls.
Can UVEX goggles be worn outside of my regular glasses?
We have customers who place UVEX – blue blockers on top of their regular glasses, but that is not recommended since UVEX is not very stable when put on other glasses.
Chronobiol Int. 2016;33(1):134-9. doi: 10.3109/07420528.2015.1119158. Epub 2016 Jan 5. Protective effect of blue-light shield eyewear for adults against light pollution from self-luminous devices used at night. Ayaki M, Hattori A, Maruyama Y, Nakano M, Yoshimura M, Kitazawa M, Negishi K, Tsubota K.
Chronobiol Int. 2009 Dec;26(8):1602-12. doi: 10.3109/07420520903523719. Amber lenses to block blue light and improve sleep: a randomized trial. Burkhart K1, Phelps JR.